Monday, June 20, 2011

Red Fox on the Reservation





I'd seen this fox 3 weeks ago and was able to get a few shots of it. However those images were on the CF card that was in the camera when it was lost, therefore no fox pictures. I was kinda bummed since it was a nice looking fox. I'd heard there was a fox in the area that had a litter of kits so we headed over to where they were last seen Saturday evening.




Sure enough the kits were playing and the momma fox was watching over them. The kits were running around as we were trying to take pictures of them.






Then all of a sudden I heard a thunk and it was Thule jumping out of the car window I'd mistakenly left open. As I went to grab him the momma fox let out a bark and the kits ran and hid. I got Thule back in the car and he started his own chorus of barking.




The momma fox was really checking him out as he's letting everyone within a mile know he's there (he has a loud obnoxious bark). She kept circling the car, leaving then coming back. Except for one little kit that ventured in front of our cameras for a short period the rest of the kits stayed hidden.




I'll be looking for these foxes again on my next trip but this time Thule won't be disturbing them, I hope.

Roger
(-:)


No comments:

Post a Comment