Monday, October 20, 2008

Tom Lake



After spending some time shooting High Falls, on the Pigeon River separating the US from Canada, Dale and I hurriedly drove out the Arrowhead Trail looking for a spot to catch the quickly approaching sunset. We somewhat randomly turned onto this dirt road followed by that dirt road. I had driven some of the spurs off the Arrowhead Trail last year looking for Moose and some of the places we went by this year looked rather familiar.

We turned onto Tom Lake Road thinking we might have a good chance of finding a lake (we're smart guys). Sure enough as the sun was dipping below the horizon there was Tom Lake. Knowing that we would have good light for upwards of a half hour after sunset we made some images from a few spots. This was out last location and produced the image I liked the most. The crescent moon make the shot.

Roger


1 comment:

  1. You know, I don't think I've ever taken any pictures at Tom Lake. Yours makes me want to head up there right now. Looks like it was a magical sunset.

    ReplyDelete