Saturday, September 11, 2010

9/11 Remembered

I went to get my oil changed today. It was such a beautiful day and since I had Thule with me I decided to take an hour long walk. As I approached the Northdale Blvd bridge over Hwy 10 in Coon Rapids I noticed alot of flags with a firetruck on the Main Street bridge in the distance. The bridge became my destination. For the 5th year in a row a group of patriots have gathered on 9/11 to remember that terrible day. Many of those on the bridge were military veterans from all branched of service. Having served in Vietnam myself I felt some comradery with them. I just might don my US Army hat and go join them for a spell next 9/11.


Daniel is the man responsible for starting this even off 5 years ago. He tried to join the military when he was young but got kicked out because he had disqualifying physical conditions. And if you think he would make a good Santa well he does that as well.



































As I was walking over to the remembrance I was thinking about how sad it is that it takes this kind of event to bring our country together. Our country is so polarized and decisions are made based on the outcome of the next election and not for the good of our country. It saddens me to think it will take another 9/11 to get up back together again, if only temporarily.

Roger
(-:)


No comments:

Post a Comment