Monday, August 10, 2009

Soft Morning Glow



This past weekend was cloudy all weekend long. It was a good weekend for shooting the floor of the forest anything, well almost anything, that omitted the sky. My chief interest this weekend was the Pow Wow so shooting the forest floor would have to wait. A sunny sunrise was really not in the cards although if I hadn't stayed up till after midnight the night before I just might have rolled the dice and see what the morning would bring. One thing for sure you can't get those great images if you're snug in your bed.



Well on this particular morning I stayed snug in my bed, at least till around 6:30 or so then I had to see what the weather had delivered this morning. I stay in the campground at Grand Marais and when I looked outside I just saw fog. Now that was an exciting sight, fog. I find it challenging shooting in fog but I relish that challenge.



So out I went and made these images of the harbor. It was a harbor like I've never seen before in my 5 years of travel to this area. The fog makes everything soft, a little out of focus looking.

I love the soft glowing feeling these give me. I hope they give something to you as well.

Roger

Note: You can click on the images to get a larger version.


1 comment:

  1. Roger,

    Such wonderful shots, as you know I have sailed to Grand Marais, and there is nothing like waking up in the morning and coming out and seeing the fog, it is very peaceful and relaxing. Thanks for capturing that feeling.

    ReplyDelete