Friday, September 25, 2009

Foxes, Foxes Everywhere



Last weekend I was back up in Grand Portage. I went up early one evening, prior to meeting up with Travis, to see if the foxes were still around. Sure enough there were two right by the road.



I stopped and shot these guys for a while then went further down the road to see if there were any more. I found the fox that had gotten into a fight earlier this summer and is still looking rather ragged. It was laying on a small cliff soaking in the warmth of the day. (I don't have a picture of it.)



I went back to the original two, Got out of my car and slowly approached them. Once I got relatively close I got down on my knees and remained there quietly. One of the foxes laid down and started grooming itself.



Every once in a while it would hear something and pop it's head up to survey the area. These little guys are always on the alert and quick to respond.

On the way up to Grand Portage, from Grand Marais, the evening before I saw 3 foxes along the side of the highway. And when returning to Grand Marais after dark I always see at least one fox along the main road. There are foxes, foxes everywhere.

Roger


No comments:

Post a Comment