Saturday, December 17, 2011

December Trip West - Day 2



After a restful night it was another road day.  Today I will make it to Moab, Utah where the trip really begins.  It was another uneventful day but once in Denver I got above the clouds.  The drive thru the Rockies was under clear skies and just beautiful.  As I passed Vail it dawned on my why ski resorts are on the north facing side of the mountain.

I actually stopped along the way, some place in Colorado, and used my camera for the first time during the trip.









I'd almost reached Moab and there was still a little light so I decided to head up to Canyonlands 'Island in the Sky' and out to Grand View Point.  By the time I got up there it was dark and snowing.  I walked out to the overlook and saw clouds, just a wall of clouds.  I had to take a picture of my first view at Grand View Point.



Roger
(-:)



No comments:

Post a Comment