Sunday, December 28, 2008

Joshua Tree National Park



My brothers have been keeping me very busy and I've been having a ball. Ralph and I had a day of shooting and we decided meet Ralph's friend Paul and shoot Joshua Tree National Park. I have been to Joshua Tree many times but not for the past 20 years so it was like rediscovering Joshua tree all over again.

We did what Ralph likes to call a "DDD" which stands for a Dawn Desert Dash. What this means is that we get up at 2:30am, leave by 3:00am, so we could be in the Cholla Gardens by sunrise at 6:48am. We made it with time to spare. I was playing with blurring the Chollas and this one is my favorite. It looks like a bird ready to take flight.



One of our stops was a campground that had this tree. According to Ralph it's the only tree of it's kind in the park. I forgot to ask Ralph what kind of tree is was, though.



We ended the day with a hike into the Wonderland. There were many wonderful things in Wonderland and this cactus and dead wood was just a sample.

Roger


No comments:

Post a Comment