Friday, December 25, 2009

Capitol Reef



After visiting Little Wild Horse Canyon it was time to move on. Moving on meant going thru Capitol Reef National Park for a second time in as many days. I had been turned back the day before due to ice on the scenic drive.



I got to the park just before sunset and this time the scenic drive was open so I started down the road. But my Add Fuel light was on and I was quite aware of my dwindling supply of gas. I was so taken aback by the enormity of Capitol Reef. I had been here once before and I don't recall this magnificent sight. The cliffs are so huge it is almost impossible to capture in an image. I kept saying 'WOW' as I made my short but memorable drive on the scenic road.



I spend a fair amount of time photographing the Virgin River as it runs thru the park. Water is a constant subject back home in Minnesota and I'm constantly drawn to it. Silky water is the way water should be represented, in my book, as shown in these two images.



I wish I had more time to explore Capitol Reef, and wish I had a better vehicle to do it in. I saw lots of photographic opportunity in the cliffs as well as the intimate landscape. Someday I will return.

Roger


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm realizing how much there is in CA that I've never seen. Just beautiful!

    CMantel

    ReplyDelete