Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Stroll in the Snow



One of the things I enjoy the most about Bosque del Apache is watching the Sandhill Cranes on their morning walk. Their walk is deliberate and slow. Every once in a while they'll do something funny like both looking to the sky seeing who knows what.



Sometimes there are two cranes walking and other times 6 or 7. I like to isolate 5 or less then make a number of images trying to capture different combinations of movement and position.



Whoops, how did this get in here. The fresh fallen snow hung on all the plants. It was pretty easy getting distracted by the beauty surrounding me.



When the cranes stop walking and arch their lengthened neck, like in this image, you know that one or more are just seconds from taking flight. I was hoping to catch a line of cranes all doing this pre-takeoff move but not yet.



My screen saver at home is a similar line of cranes taken last year. This year we were blessed with a beautiful snow fall the morning of out visit that added a rare element to our images. You can be sure I will update my screen saver with an image from our snowy morning.

Roger
(-:)


No comments:

Post a Comment